BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Day of Awesomeness in Melaka

My dad decided to take a drive to Melaka for a day trip on Wednesday March 18th.
Simply chilling out and planned to have dinner at Umbai.
(ikan bakar there is so nice!)
I woke up from sleep and realised I was already in Melaka at 2pm accompanied by Rihanna's songs blasting from the radio.

Out of nothing, my dad decided to pay a visit to his former flying school, Malaysian Flying Academy in Batu Berendam.
When we arrived, my dad was in a state of shock.
Everything has changed, the buildings and facilities. it is all new.
New infrastructures.
My dad got to meet with his former instructor, Capt. Kashav.
My dad was really surprised that he is still there since the last time my dad graduated from the academy.
Though he is already 73, he is still going strong. *tabik spring*

Capt. Kashav took us for a tour around the instructor's office and the hangar.
I got to go on the basic simulator, thanks to Capt. Kashav and Capt. Sunil.
I had the chance to took off from the runway, cruised around Melaka, and landed back.
It was hell of a fun despite listening to Capt. Sunil asking me to apply backward and forward pressure *was quite blur*.

Capt Sunil (right) showing me how to set up those stuffs.

After hanging around at the hangar where my dad met his old friend I can say, the engineer who still works there for such a long time, Mr Tan, we went to flight operation centre. Thanks to swee ling *i think thats her name* who brought us for a tour around the new flight op building, classrooms, library, and the canteen.

going on my first solo flight! haha kidding

By looking at the cadet pilots walking around the academy with their uniform, really motivates me to study hard.
And I think I saw one of my seniors class '06 there. I am really not sure if it was really him or just 'pelanduk dua serupa'. Reminisced how he marched as the 'ketua kontinjen bomba' with his one leg, and cemented on the other along with his crutches. I really salute him for his determination.

After a few hours there, we went off to Jonker's walk and headed to Umbai for dinner.
and arrived home safely about 9.30 pm.

All in all, it was a day of awesomeness. A memorable event indeed.

5 comments:

Amer 'Arif said...

cool gila dpt main simulator tu!

Unknown said...

one day, u can fly me... yeehaa!

Maganda.Diha. said...

Amer : agak best lah. :P

nik aizu : IF i jadi pilot. muahaha. my ambition changes everyday. haha.
btw, i nak gmbr kat bday afiq that day. ade lagi kan?

danial said...

ARGG!! jeles giler :P

Maganda.Diha. said...

haha alolooo. gud luck for d interview! :D